2023 첫 세미나가 다음주 목요일(3월 9일) 오후 4시 30분에 개최됩니다.
화학과 김태연 신임교수님의 세미나로 많은 참여 부탁드립니다.
제 목 : Ultrafast photoinduced dynamics of multichromophoric systems
연 사 : 김태연 교수님(성균관대학교 화학과)
일 시 : 2023년 3월 9일(목)오후 4시 30분
Ultrafast photoinduced dynamics of multichromophoric systems
김 태 연
Department of Chemistry, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 16419, South Korea
The functionalities of optoelectronic devices such as solar cells, photocatalysts, sensors, and organic light-emitting diodes are determined by photoinduced dynamics. However, when a photon is absorbed by a system, there are multiple pathways that can compete with each other. Then how can we devise a system that has optimal photoinduced dynamics for a specific optoelectronic application? We may start with small molecular model systems with well-defined structures. We build up fundamental understandings of model molecular systems and structure-property relationships, which can eventually be utilized in optoelectronic applications.
We have studied the photoinduced dynamics of multichromophoric systems composed of various organic molecules such as porphyrin, merocyanine, BODIPY, diketopyrrolopyrrole, perylenediimide, and so on. We aim to understand the interplay between electronic and nuclear motion within a few picoseconds, in addition to simply revealing the lifespan of each photoexcited state. Nuclear motion can have a significant impact on ultrafast photoinduced dynamics on this time scale, including charge/energy transfer, singlet fission, intersystem crossing, and internal conversion. To monitor such ultrafast dynamics, we have used cutting-edge time-resolved spectroscopic tools, including broadband transient absorption, excited-state time-domain Raman, and two-dimensional electronic spectroscopy. We leveraged these tools to study the role of vibronic couplings in photoinduced dynamics.
1. T. Kim†, C. Lin†, J. D. Schultz, R. M. Young, M. R. Wasielewski, J. Am. Chem. Soc.2022, 144, 11386-11396.
2. C. Lin†, T. Kim†, J. D. Schultz, R. M. Young, M. R. Wasielewski, Nat. Chem.2022, 14, 786-793.
3. S. Kang†, T. Kim†, Y. Hong, F. Würthner, D. Kim, J. Am. Chem. Soc.2021, 143, 9825-9833.
4. T. Kim, J. Kim, X.-S. Ke, J. T. Brewster, J. Oh, J. L. Sessler, D. Kim, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.2021, 60, 9379-9383.
5. T. Kim†, S. Kang†, E. Kirchner, D. Bialas, W. Kim, F. Würthner, D. Kim, Chem2021, 7, 715-725.
6. T. Kim, W. Kim, O. Vakuliuk, D. T. Gryko, D. Kim, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2020, 142, 1564-1573.
7. X.-S. Ke†, T. Kim†, V. M. Lynch, D. Kim, J. L. Sessler, J. Am. Chem. Soc.2017, 139, 13950-13956.
8. T. Kim, J. Kim, H. Mori, S. Park, M. Lim, A. Osuka, D. Kim, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys.2017, 19, 13970-13977.
* 졸업논문 교과목 수강자 세미나 필수 참석 안내
석사, 석박통합, 박사과정이 수강하는 <졸업논문연구학점 1~6>수강자는 학과에서 개최하는 목요일 정규세미나에 반드시 참석해야함.